The Ati was – after Nvidia – the world’s largest video card producer until 2006 when it joined AMD. If the ATI Radeon graphics card does not work properly, it is very likely that there is some problem with the drivers.
Errors in Ati drivers typically occur when:
- The ATI driver file is damaged or corrupted
- The required ATI driver is not installed on the Windows computer
- The installed ATI driver has compatibility issues with the version of Windows that you have
- The driver is old and has never been updated, so it has problems especially with video applications, movies and games
- Read to find out how to check if the graphics card error is due to a driver problem and how to fix the error by downloading and installing the latest ATI drivers.
Identify the problem with diagnostics
You can use the Windows Device or Device Manager (accessible from the Control Panel) screen to identify the problem.
Device Manager lists all the hardware installed on the PC, including the video adapter, if a device fails, this utility will tell you if the problem is related to the driver or not.
Locate and then double-click the ATI graphics card in the Device Manager window.
If there is a yellow triangle, an exclamation mark, or a question mark next to the ATI device installed, it is certain that there is some problem with the ATI device, probably the driver itself.
How to fix the problem with video card
You can resolve the issue by downloading and installing the latest ATI drivers. Before doing this, we recommend writing the ATI brand name and model number. This information will be useful when you try to locate the drivers for your ATI device on the official ATI website.
Ati Driver Download, manual or automatic
Manual Mode (slower)
To locate an ATI driver on the ATI Web site, follow these steps:
- Go to http://support.amd.com/
- Scroll down the page and go to the section: Select the driver manually
- Fill in the details of the product and model of your video card and Windows operating system, using the 4 drop-down menus.
- Click the black button Display results (or display results) at the bottom of the menus (step 5)
- Check the driver details on the next page, including the preferred download language (by default, your preferred language is set as English) and decide whether you want to download the single driver or full suite of software.
- Click the Download button.
- Save the file to the desired location on your computer
How to install the ATI Radeon driver
To install the driver, double-click the downloaded .exe file and follow the instructions on the screen.
Recommended Ati driver download mode
You can quickly fix driver-related errors using a driver update tool such as Driver Genius, which offers three benefits:
- Speed – Downloading drivers manually can take a long time as it is necessary to locate the correct driver on the manufacturer’s website
- Reliability – Genius Driver has a huge database of drivers available, even older ones
- Compatibility – The driver update tool provides drivers that are compatible with the specifications of your PC.
Then download Driver Genius Professional and download all the necessary drivers, without having to do anything manually!
Fast and automatic Driver download with Driver Genius, try it for free!